Saturday, February 28, 2009

Durant leaves arena on crutches

For one of my fantasy basketball teams those are basically the five worst words I could imagine hearing. There are plenty of other words I wouldn't want to hear, but "Durant leaves arena on crutches" is devastating. He was the centerpiece of my team, the guy who was going to continue to score out of his mind throughout the fantasy playoffs. I shouldn't be surprised considering how many NBA stars have fallen this season but just when I thought I was out..... The crazy part is how I got Durant. Got him maybe 6 weeks or so ago for (drum roll please) Ginobili and Bynum. I can't tell you how good that deal was working out for me. The really bad news is that the Thunder are terrible and it might dawn on them that: No Durant = More Losses = More Ping Pong Balls = Higher Draft Position. Why would they hurry Durant back? I hope he's back for the fantasy playoffs but if it's a bad high ankle sprain..... Just so you don't think I'm an asshole who was lucky to have Durant anyway:

I'm in 4 fantasy hockey leagues this year. I had Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek and Brad Richards in 3 of the 4.

I'm in a bunch of fantasy basketball leagues. If you name an injured player I have him or have had him this season. Well not Gilbert Arenas. After last season, fool me once and all that jazz. And not McGrady, I'm just done with Tracy. But Bynum, Nelson, Ginobili, Kaman, Ellis, Maggette, Brand, Amare, Bosh, Boozer, Deron Williams, Carmelo, Bogut, Redd, Gerald Wallace..... You get the idea. It's just been bloodshed all season. If you just picked up all of the injured stars think about what your team would've looked like pre-season. Guaranteed championship right?

No comments: